This version of the Flying Dutchman stands out by its elegant case that still radiates functionality. The lines are very classic, however the ratios used are very unusual at the same time, rendering its style in a high class direction. The readability is at a very high level with the Flying Dutchman III due to the large diameter of the dial, being only a tat smaller than in the 45mm models.
The engine of this watch is the Swiss ETA 2892-A2 movement. It is renowned for its sturdyness and accuracy. The execution is on a high level, which can be seen through the sapphire caseback. End regulation is done by Pellikaan timing.
- Automatic winding
- Readings: hours/minutes/seconds (with hack function), date
- Size: 40mm diameter, height 9,5 mm, strap 22 mm
- Movement: ETA 2892A2 soignee
- Power reserve: 38 hours
- Breguet hands with white superluminova C1
- Black dial with white hour indexes using superluminova C1
- Sapphire crystals on front and back
- Waterresistant 5 Atm / 50 meters
- Standard black shell cordovan leather strap and additional black nylon NATO strap
- € 1690,- including VAT
The core technology of almost any mechanical movement consists of the balance and hairspring. Invented by Christiaan Huygens (and John Hooke) around 1670.