This watch is dedicated to Hendrik Lorentz, the scientific father of Albert Einstein. The design is inspired by the way of thinking of Theoretical physicist Hendrik Lorentz and his “local time” formulas. In this design his “local time” is found in the scales which is separate for each hand. Additionally the dail is made of pearled silver, matt black hands. By this combination that was normally used in scientific instruments the watch is very accurately readable. Also it gives a noble and plain look to the watch.
The engine of this watch is the automatic Swiss Soprod A10-2 movement which can be seen through the sapphire display back. The movement is exquisite in its finish. The movement is dynamically balanced by Pellikan timing in 6 positions increasing its accuracy even further. The accuracy falls within the demands for chronometric qualification.
- Automatic winding (additional hand winding possible)
- Readings: hours/minutes/seconds (hacking function).
- Size: 40mm diameter, height 9,5 mm, strap 22 mm
- Movement: Soprod A10-2
- Power reserve: 38 uur
- Leaf hands in matt black
- Pearled silver dial with black lines
- Sapphire crystals front and black
- Standard black alligator strap and additional black nylon NATO-strap
- € 1895,- including VAT
The core technology of almost any mechanical movement consists of the balance and hairspring. Invented by Christiaan Huygens (and John Hooke) around 1670.